Tier I – IT Technician
Work Life Balance
We believe work should fit in with your life, not take it over. Balance is key. This is why AIS offers flexibility to all of our employees.
IT is constantly evolving and staying up to date is important. We encourage our employees to seek out continued education, and certificate advancement, and we will pay to help you achieve these goals.
Ask anyone who visits our office at AIS, and they will tell you we like to have a good time. From company outings at the Autobahn Country Club to daily nerf gun cubicle wars, we encourage comradery.
Tier I - IT Technician
All Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a full-service technology solutions firm based in Chicagoland that provides both technology sales, service and consulting. Genuine, understanding and experienced, our technicians, engineers and consultants are real, neighborly people who will work with you one-on-one, locally, to maintain your systems.
Real People, True Partners.
AIS has assisted more than 1,000 clients across Chicagoland, including state and local government, business, non-profit organizations, school districts, residential customers, and more. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers and serving as a grounded partner you can trust. This is evidenced by the fact that we still provide service to our very first client, for more than 11 years running! We are less concerned about “making a sale” and more concerned about figuring out how we can strengthen your business, allowing you to stay focused on your daily tasks. From the day we install a new piece of equipment or fix one that isn’t working, we will be a watchful steward of your technology applications.
We are looking for an IT Technician who will be responsible for remote and onsite troubleshooting, setting up, and installing various IT solutions. This typically includes Windows desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suites, peripherals such as printers and other hardware. The IT Technician will also monitor our Managed Services dashboard for alerts.
Experience & Qualifications
The IT Technician should have 3+ years of relevant, hands-on experience. Specific experience and qualifications desired include:
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and products
- Experience installing and troubleshooting various hardware
- Knowledge of Active Directory is a plus
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to translate IT jargon into laymen’s terms
- Motivated to grow professionally
We are looking for a top-notch dynamic team player with professional demeanor and appearance. Critical characteristics include being customer-satisfaction oriented with urgency in responding to customer requests. Key considerations include:
- Excellent customer service skills, with great verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to drive throughout the Greater Chicagoland area.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Level of Maturity
- Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others
- Takes ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure a smooth transition in hand-offs
- Takes personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
- Some evening and weekend hours are necessary
If you are eager to explore new challenges while building your career and earning great rewards, send your cover letter (describing why you are a great fit for this position) resume and Salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified inquiries will receive a confidential response.